Join EarthWays Center at the Energy Efficiency Educator Workshops virtually this summer! This free workshop is a great professional learning opportunity to discover new ways to teach energy. Educators will explore the science behind energy and sustainability through hands-on, interactive activities and classroom lessons.
Workshop topics will include:
- Background information about energy topics including forms and sources
- Discussion of energy efficiency and conservation
- Connections between energy, electricity, and natural gas
- Renewable energy sources and solutions
Participants will receive:
- A stipend*
- Digital copies of all lesson activities and energy curriculum
- Energy science toolkit–please register a month in advance to receive your toolkit before the workshop
*Participants must live or work in either Liberty Utilities or Spire territory to qualify for stipend and energy science toolkit.
Educators from formal or informal setting with an interest in learning more about teaching energy topics including efficiency, renewable energy sources and sustainability should attend. Activities covered throughout the two-day session are aligned to support state standards and designed to be scaled to a variety of grade levels. Sessions are available in June, July and August!
Learn more, find dates and register