We've received your pledge submission.
Learn more about how you can have a sustainable Whitaker experience:
Bring Your Reusable Water Bottle
St. Louis enjoys some of the nation's best-tasting water!
- Refill your bottle at the hydration stations located next to the rest rooms in the Doris I. Schnuck Children's Garden, adjacent to the Whitaker concert stage.
- Drinking fountains are located near all rest rooms and around the grounds.
- Find exact locations on your Map and Visitor Guide, or ask Garden hosts for directions to a fountain.
- Forgot your bottle? Souvenir refillable bottles are available at refreshment stands on Whitaker concert nights.
Consider Alternative Transportation
There are multiple ways to get to the Garden.
- Electric vehicle charging stations are available in the west main parking lot at no cost to all Garden visitors. 100% of electrical usage is offset by wind energy credits purchased via Ameren Missouri.
- Bicycle parking is available in the upper west parking lot at the Ridgway Visitor Center. Concert overflow parking provided by Trailnet.
- Metro bus stops are conveniently located along Shaw Blvd. Go to http://www.metrostlouis.org to find the best route.
- Attending as a small group—consider calling a taxi or carpooling to save on fuel and parking.
Pack a Waste-free Picnic
- Use a picnic basket or a reusable grocery bag.
- Pack your food in reusable containers along with reusable utensils.
- Use cloth napkins
- Recycle any beverage containers in designated receptacles throughout the Garden.
Buy your picnic food and supplies locally
- Try some locally raised vegetables, meat, poultry, fruit, etc.
- Check your local farmer's market for the finest local grub.
- Find the farmer's market close to you
- Stock your cooler with a local brand of beer, wine or soda.
- Try herbal-based mosquito repellents available locally or online.
- Avoid perfume, scented soaps and body products during mosquito season.
Leave No Trace
- Look around your seating area and pick up all personal items and trash.
- Recycle all of your cans and bottles.
- Bring enough bags to efficiently dispose of your trash.
- Do not dispose of ice on the grass or planting beds.
- Leave your picnic area as clean as it was when you arrived.
Respect Your Surroundings
- Walk on paved paths and picnic only in grassy areas, not in planting beds.
- Be mindful of the neighborhoods surrounding the Garden as you arrive and leave.
- Dispose of your recycling and trash in the correct receptacles both on and off Garden grounds.
- Once the concert begins, remove any items such as umbrellas, etc., that might obstruct others' view of the stage.
Learn more about sustainable operations at the Garden