Birthday parties are available for children of all ages. Current party offerings are ideal for ages 3-8. Parties are 1 hour long and are held at the following times:
- 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Birthday Party Package includes:
- One-hour private room rental
- Butterfly House staff-led age appropriate activities for children of all ages
- Choice of three themes:
- Fairy Flutterbye: tiara/crown decorating and butterfly craft making
- Bug Safari: safari hat decorating and bug craft making
- Doodle Bugs: butterfly mask decorating and watercolor butterfly craft making
- A dirt and worms treat (chocolate pudding, Oreos, and gummy worms) and a juice box for each child
- All paper products, table, chairs and decorations
- A special gift for the birthday child
- Admission into the Butterfly Conservatory and Exhibit Hall
- All guests are welcome to visit the Butterfly Conservatory and Exhibit hall following the party
- A maximum of twenty children. One adult is required for every five children.
- You receive complimentary admission for up to 12 adults; each additional adult will be charged $8 for admission. Missouri Botanical Garden Memberships cannot be used for admission (Room capacity is 35)
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is due to hold the reservation
- Members of the Missouri Botanical Garden get a 10% discount off of birthday parties
- We do not allow any outside drinks or food (including cake or cupcakes) to be brought into the facility.
- Additional add-ons are available. These add-ons are also listed in your contract, once your party is confirmed.
Birthday Party Facility Rental Fee:
- $15 per child, (minimum 10 children, max of 20 children). 12 complementary adults ($8 per extra adult).
- Individually wrapped decorated butterfly cookies - $3.50 each
- Cupcakes (flavors must be purchased by the dozen) - $15.00 per dozen
- Goody boxes - $3.50 each
- Animal Encounter with butterfly release - $50.00
If you choose us to host the birthday please call 314-577-0888 ext. 3 to complete the booking process.