Join EarthWays Center at the 2021 Energy Efficiency Educator Workshops virtually this summer!
This FREE workshop series is a great professional learning opportunity to discover new ways to teach energy.
Educators will explore the science behind energy and sustainability through hands-on, interactive activities and classroom lessons.
Workshop topics will include:
- Background information about energy topics including forms and sources
- Discussion of energy efficiency and conservation
- Connections between energy, electricity, and natural gas
- Renewable energy sources and solutions
Participants will receive:
- A stipend*
- Digital access to all lessons and activities
- Energy science toolkit – please register a month in advance to receive in time for workshop
Educators from formal or informal setting with an interest in learning more about teaching energy topics including efficiency, renewable energy sources and sustainability should attend. Activities covered throughout the two-day session are aligned to support state standards and designed to be scaled to a variety of grade levels.
*You must live or work in Spire or Liberty Utilities territory to qualify for a stipend and toolkit. Check your local utility here.
Thank you to Liberty Utilities for sponsoring the following workshop:
August 3 to 4 | 9 to 11:30 a.m.
Thank you to Spire for sponsoring the following workshop:
August 10 to 11 | 9 to 11:30 a.m.