Opportunities for Higher Education
We support institutions as they integrate sustainability into their curriculum and on their campus grounds.
We are able to assist your university with a number of tasks associated with improving the environmental literacy within your campus culture. These services are free-of-cost, and could include:
- Assessing existing operations and education and outreach needs
- Working with sustainability task forces, environmental committees, and "green teams" to identify team goals and objectives as well as university-wide initiatives
- Improving current operations to meet industry best practices and current standards
- Writing and incorporating policies to facilitate change
- Publicizing results to encourage success
- Working with the USGBC Missouri Gateway Chapter’s Higher Education Advocacy Subcommittee to provide other opportunities to get involved in green professions
The EarthWays Center's higher education offerings include:
STL Higher Education Sustainability Consortium
The EarthWays Center of the Missouri Botanical Garden can help your institution integrate sustainability and environmental literacy on your campus. We are proud to support the St. Louis Regional Higher Education Sustainability Consortium (STL-HESC).
Learn more about the Consortium and other initiatives happening within the higher education sector in St. Louis or contact STL-HESC Coordinator, Maggie McCoy at email@example.com for more information or about how you can get involved.