Enjoy free evening outdoor concert series featuring an eclectic and wide array of musical styles every Wednesday evening May 29–July 31. Picnicking is permitted after 5 p.m.; pack a picnic or purchase food and beverages on site. No pets, barbecue grills or smoking. Music begins at 7 p.m. Free admission after 5 p.m.; last entry at 8:15 p.m. Cohen Amphitheater lawn. Sponsored by the Whitaker Foundation.
Enter through the Jack C. Taylor Visitor Center at the Garden's entrance. All packages subject to inspection; please review the list of prohibited items below prior to arrival.
- Glass of any kind (including bottles and food containers)
- Outside food or beverage prior to 5 p.m. on performance dates.
- Weapons and firearms or fireworks of any kind
- Grills or open flames
- Pets (service animals are welcome)
- Smoking, tobacco products and devices, or electronic smoking devices
- Music (Bluetooth speakers, playing instruments, etc.)
- Two-wheeled scooters (including "wheelie" shoes, skates, or skateboards)
- Guests without shoes or shirts
- Guests with clothing that may be taken as profane, vulgar, racist, sexist, or sexually suggestive
- Balloons, open flames, sparklers
- Large signage or banners
- Flowers, flower petals, props, glitter, confetti, or candles
- Tripods or monopods prohibited inside all buildings and conservatories
- Sporting equipment (soccer balls, baseballs and gloves, footballs, hula hoops, frisbees, etc.)
- Tents or structures
The Children’s Garden remains open with free admission from 5 to 7 p.m. Please note that portions of Garden grounds remain closed for the duration of Whitaker Music Festival evenings. Restrooms available at the William T. Kemper Center for Home Gardening (lower level), Doris I. Schnuck Children's Garden, Brookings Exploration Center, Spink Pavilion, and Jack C. Taylor Visitor Center.