The Shaw Nature Reserve strives to inspire responsible stewardship of our environment through education, restoration and protection of natural habitats as well as public enjoyment of the natural world.
We value and believe in…
- the inquiring minds of children and their innate desire to learn.
- natural history learning through hands-on field experiences.
- providing experiences that foster appreciation, understanding and stewardship of the Earth.
- education to promote lifelong behaviors which protect the natural environment.
- teaching stewardship and sustainability by example.
We offer a wide range of educational opportunities designed to connect people of all ages to the natural world. Whether it is a school program, an adult or family program, or an overnight experience at the Dana Brown Overnight Center there is something for everyone.