The rights of other visitors to enjoy the Garden must always be respected. The Garden reserves the right to ask a visitor to leave for inappropriate or offensive behavior. Visitors will be held liable for any damage to Garden property.
Visitors to Shaw Nature Reserve (a location of the Missouri Botanical Garden) voluntarily assume all risk, loss, damages, liability, and danger for injury or damage to person or property and all hazards arising from or related to admission to the Garden or its family of attractions and participation in any exhibits or attractions. Visitors agree not to use commercially any photography or reproduction in any form taken at the Garden or its family of attractions. Visitors grant permission to the Garden and its designees to utilize their image, likeness, actions, or statements in any form taken during a visit to the Garden or its family of attractions for the purpose of promoting the Garden and its family of attractions in perpetuity.
FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF ALL
- Please leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy. Do not collect or remove seeds, flowers, fruits and vegetables, plant labels, etc.
- Please stay on trails.
- No fires.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- Picnicking is allowed at the designated table areas only.
- Bicycles are permitted on service roads only.
WILDLIFE AND ANIMALS
- No pets allowed, please. Service animals (not Emotional Support Animals) are welcome at the Shaw Nature Reserve. Please review these guidelines to help you enjoy your visit with your assistance animal.
- Do not feed or handle the wildlife. It can be harmful to them - and you.
- No hunting or fishing.
SMOKING AND LITTER
- Shaw Nature Reserve is a tobacco-free environment. Smoking and tobacco products and devices are not allowed on Shaw Nature Reserve property, including all buildings, grounds, restrooms, and parking lots.
- We care about the environment. Please dispose of waste in recycling bins when appropriate. Do not litter.
- For visitor, individual, or family photography, please refer to our Photography Policy.
- Wedding and bridal parties must abide by the rules and guidelines outlined in the Photography Policy.
- Photos and videos are not to be sold or used for any commercial purposes without advanced project review and authorization; projects will be approved on a case-by-case basis and will occasion fees.
- If a visitor is asked by another person not to take pictures of that person or others accompanying that person, the request must be honored to protect personal rights of privacy. If a picture has already been taken, it must be deleted upon request.
- For more information, please call 314-577-9555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTIRE AND CLOTHING CHANGES
- Shirts and shoes are required at all times.
- In respect to all Nature Reserve visitors, patrons wearing articles of clothing that may be taken as profane, vulgar, racist, sexist, or sexually suggestive, including slogans/illustrations, may be asked to change clothing before entering the Garden.
- Clothing changes (including those for photography shoots) are not permitted outdoors. To inquire about space rental for clothing changes, call (314) 577-9529.
- Light collapsible chairs or stools are permitted for artists at work. Please position chairs in a grassy area or large paved area so walkways remain clear. Do not enter planted or mulched beds. Watercolor artists, please dispose of wastewater carefully in sinks; do not dispose on walkways, benches rocks, plants or garden areas, as they can become discolored.
MEETINGS AND GATHERINGS
- Formal/informal groups or parties are not allowed to hold meetings, weddings, memorial services or christenings at the Nature Reserve without advance space rental. For information about rentals, please email email@example.com or call 314-577-9555
- Non-school classes led by an instructor not affiliated with the Missouri Botanical Garden are prohibited. This applies to both for-profit and not-for-profit classes. Call (314) 577-9555 for more information. All school-based groups (including colleges and universities) wishing to hold either a Nature Reserve-led or self-guided class must register with the Nature Reserve. To ensure a quality experience for all visitors, we have established a maximum number of group admissions per hour per day. Early registration will help us reserve your preferred arrival time
- Do not wade or swim in ponds, streams or the Meramec River.
- Please keep your personal items with you at all times. Shaw Nature Reserve cannot be held responsible for missing items. If you recover an item on the grounds that does not belong to you, please turn it in to the Visitor's Center.
- For their safety, please supervise children at all times. One adult should accompany every five children.
- No climbing trees unless part of a class.
- Weapons and firearms are prohibited at the Shaw Nature Reserve.
- Weapons and firearms or fireworks of any kind
- Grills or open flames
- Pets (service animals are welcome)
- Smoking, tobacco products and devices, or electronic smoking devices
- Amplified music (speakers)
- Two-wheeled scooters (including "wheelie" shoes, skates, or skateboards)
- Outside alcohol
- Guests without shoes or shirts
- Guests with clothing that may be taken as profane, vulgar, racist, sexist, or sexually suggestive
- Balloons, open flames, sparklers
- Large signage or banners
- Flowers, flower petals, props, glitter, confetti, or candles
- Sporting equipment (soccer balls, baseballs and gloves, footballs, hula hoops, frisbees, etc.)
Shaw Nature Reserve values the visitor experience. In order to provide a distraction-free environment for our guests, we do not allow solicitation or petitioning of any kind from any outside, non-sanctioned entity on Shaw Nature Reserve property, regardless of the organization or cause being represented. This includes but is not limited to, the circulation or distribution of literature, brochures, handbills, flyers, leaflets, signage, pamphlets, notices, cards, advertising, promotional items, petitions, registrations, etc. Informational tables and booths are not permitted unless authorization is given by Shaw Nature Reserve.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.