Our programs are designed to immerse students in inquiry, exploration, and problem solving while experiencing the Missouri landscape. Just 45 minutes from St. Louis, but a world away for young minds…
Shaw Nature Reserve classes vary in duration from 1 to 2 hours, but all include hands-on learning and active discovery of nature and the great outdoors. We encourage you to schedule two classes with a lunch in between to make the most out of your Shaw Nature Reserve experience.
Required chaperones attend free of charge. For grades PreK–3, 1 adult per 8 students is required.
Classes cost $2 per student.
Important: All groups, whether led by a Reserve Instructor or self-guided by a teacher, must make reservations for their visit.
To schedule a program, call (314) 577-9523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 1 for Spring Classes
- May 1 for Fall Classes
- Note: If the first is during a weekend, registration will begin the following Monday
Information needed when you call:
- School name, address and phone number
- Contact person’s name for confirmation
- Program choice(s)—make sure program is available for the month that you request
- Date and time (please have alternates)
- Grade, age and number of participants (students and adults)
- Teacher’s name and home phone number
- Will you be having lunch at our picnic area?
One month prior to your visit, you will receive a confirmation packet containing important information about your visit, a suggested “Chaperone Letter” and an invoice. Carefully review the confirmation information and call (314) 577-9523 if corrections need to be made. The program fee is due on the day of the class.
- If you must cancel your trip, please let us know as soon as possible. Other school groups are on a waiting list and are willing to fill your place if they are given enough time to make the necessary arrangements.
- If it is raining, we suggest that you call and cancel the class, as most classes are extremely difficult to conduct in this situation.
Click on a class title below to expand its description. Please note we cannot accommodate groups over 40 on rainy days due to lack of a building.