FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF ALL
- Please leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy. Do not collect or remove seeds, flowers, fruits and vegetables, plant labels, etc.
- Please stay on trails.
- No fires.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- Picnicking is allowed at the designated table areas only.
- Bicycles permitted on service roads only.
WILDLIFE AND ANIMALS
- No pets allowed, please. Assistance animals are welcome at the Shaw Nature Reserve. Please review these guidelines to help you enjoy your visit with your assistance animal.
- Do not feed or handle the wildlife. It can be harmful to them - and you.
- No hunting or fishing.
SMOKING AND LITTER
- Shaw Nature Reserve is a tobacco-free environment. Smoking and tobacco products and devices are not allowed on Shaw Nature Reserve property, including all buildings, grounds, restrooms and parking lots.
- We care about the environment. Please dispose of waste in recycle bins when appropriate. Do not litter.
- Do not wade or swim in ponds, streams or the Meramec River.
- Please keep your personal items with you at all times. Shaw Nature Reserve cannot be held responsible for missing items. If you recover an item on the grounds that does not belong to you, please turn it in to the Visitor's Center.
- For their safety, please supervise children at all times. One adult should accompany every five children.
- No climbing trees unless part of a class.
- Weapons and firearms are prohibited at the Shaw Nature Reserve.
Shaw Nature Reserve values the visitor experience. In order to provide a distraction-free environment for our guests, we do not allow solicitation or petitioning of any kind from any outside, non-sanctioned entity on Shaw Nature Reserve property, regardless of the organization or cause being represented. This includes, but is not limited to, the circulation or distribution of literature, brochures, handbills, flyers, leaflets, signage, pamphlets, notices, cards, advertising, promotional items, petitions, registrations, etc. Informational tables and booths are not permitted unless authorization is given by Shaw Nature Reserve.
Shaw Nature Reserve property includes the grounds, buildings, parking lots and other facilities. Anyone not in compliance with this policy will be asked to leave the premises.
The rights of other visitors to enjoy Shaw Nature Reserve must always be respected. Shaw Nature Reserve reserves the right to ask a visitor to leave for inappropriate or offensive behavior. Visitors will be held liable for any damage to Shaw Nature Reserve property.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.