Are you looking for an immersive and transformative experience in nature for your students? Come to Shaw Nature Reserve’s environmental learning campus, the Dana Brown Overnight Center (DBOC)! DBOC programs provide schools with unique opportunities to extend classroom learning while fostering awe, wonder and curiosity for the natural world.
- All DBOC classes are hands-on, inquiry-based, and focus on students’ direct engagement with nature.
Classes are grade-level appropriate and align with current Missouri State Standards.
- Depending on grade level, group size, weather, and other factors, specific activities may vary for each class offering.
- The DBOC requires a 10:1 student:chaperone ratio for all classes.
- Class fees are $5/student with a $50 minimum.
- Class fees are waived for one lead teacher as well as for one adult chaperone per ten students. Additional adults are charged the Shaw Nature Reserve's daily admission rate.
- Full scholarships (including transportation) available for Title 1 and Title 1-Qualifying schools
- Groups may schedule their visit up to one year in advance. Availability is limited and programs are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. To register and/or for more information, contact Jessie Dockins, the DBOC school programs coordinator, at (314) 577-9539 or email@example.com.
- Day-use only classes may be scheduled Tuesday–Friday.